PMSA believes it is important to be a good corporate citizen in the communities where members operate. The PMSA Foundation was established in 2004 as a part of its commitment to help member companies give back to their communities. The Foundation provides financial and in-kind support to educational, charitable, environmental and non-profit programs that benefit California and Washington State port communities and promote awareness of the maritime industry.
The PMSA Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization led by a Board of Directors. It is supported by individual and corporate gifts as well as proceeds from events such as the PMSA annual luncheon.
The PMSA Foundation has raised much-needed funds for a diverse range of community needs including services for seafarers, the disabled, homeless and students. Contributions have been provided to the following organizations:
- The Children's Clinic of Long Beach
- The Compass Center of Seattle
- Rodriguez Cabrillo High School of Long Beach
- International Seafarers Center of LA/LB
- The Seamen's Church Institute International Maritime Center of Oakland
- The Catholic Seamen's Center of Seattle
- Bay Area Association of Disabled Sailors
- Future's Explored of Lafayette
- Better Learning for All Students Today (BLAST) of Long Beach
- Bethune Transitional Center
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor
You can support our mission through your contributions, which are used for unrestricted operating expenses, special projects and endowments. For more information, follow this link to our listing with GuideStar, a leading source of information on non-profit organizations (registration required).